Add to favorite
 
123
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS


BLUE ROSE of Silver Age
August 23, 2015 21:42


Lake of Fairies, Martiros Saryan

Blue Rose was a well-known and influential Symbolist art association, which was named after the remarkable exhibition. Its core team consisted of participants of the Scarlet Rose exhibition of 1904.
The Blue Rose exhibition financed by the amateur artist, patron and publisher of the Golden Fleece magazine Nikolay Ryabushinsky was opened in Moscow on March 18, 1907 .
The exhibition halls decorated with silver-gray and gentle-blue fabrics housed paintings and graphic art works by fourteen artists, such as Pavel Kuznetsov, Pyotr Utkin, Nikolay Sapunov, Martiros Saryan, Sergey Sudeykin, Nikolay Krymov, Anatoly Arapov, Arthur Fonvizin, Nicholas and Vassily Milioti, Nikolay Feofilaktov, Vladimir Drittenpreice, Ivan Knabe and Nikolay Ryabushinsky. Sculptures by A. Matveev and P. Bromirsky were also exhibited there. The exhibition was accompanied with Andrey Bely and Valery Bryusov reciting their own poems and the best musicians performing Russian composers' works.
The name of the exhibition and art group The Blue Rose, as well as its stylistics were closely connected with the aethetics of Symbolism. Blue color, being the color of the sky, water, and infinite space, represented poetic dream and reality, melancholy and hope.
The Blue Rose was a group exhibition rallied by a uniform aesthetic program. Thanks to its coming up the earlier art associations, The World of Art among them, receded into the background. Having taken over the job of the World of Art association, the Blue Rose at the same time, resisted to the former's stylism and literariness and contributed decisively into the artistic consciousness of the Silver Age. It was the first step of the Russian art beyond the limits of teh 19th century.
The Blue Rose turned pre-eminent due to the fact that its artists managed to figuratively convey the non-material categories of emotions, moods, and deep heartfelt experiences. Having made Neo-Primitivism its part and parcel, The Blue Rose came to be the forerunner of the Russian Avant-garde. Its concepts and ideas were picked up and developed by Natalya Goncharova, Mikhail Larionov, and Kazimir Malevich in their own ways.
The exhibition was attended by more than five thousand people. The Blue Rose association ceased to exist in 1910. Its members gathered once again at the exhibition Masters of the Blue Rose in the Tretyakov Gallery in 1925.




Author: Vera Ivanova

Tags: Blue Rose Silver Age World of Art Russian Avant-garde  

Next Previous

You might also find interesting:

White Stone Architecture of the Old Rus Lipetsk Painting Designs Fyodor Khitruk, the Master of Russian Animation Izrazets - Russian Glazed Tile Russian Tradition of Straw Incrustation









Comment on our site


RSS   twitter      submit



TAGS:
ENEA  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Visa   European Union  Festivals  Sverdlovsk region  Russian painting  Russian Football Union  Tragedy  Russian tourism  Russian Cinema  Dzerzhinsk  St. Petersburg  Eduard Artemiev  Unemployed  flood in Amur region  human rights in Russia  New Movies   Grigory Yavlinsky  Oscar Award  Ministry of Defense  Dolls Exhibitions  Russian scientists  Exhibitions in Moscow  AvtoVAZ   Graffiti L  Russian science  Aeroexpress  Paintings  Azov  Russian economy  Vladivostok  Russian transport  Sberbank  Russian football team  Orthodoxy  Kolomenskoye  Moscow parks  Rospotrebnadzor  River Low-coster   Agrippina Vaganova  Karachay-Cherkessia  Konstantin Malofeev  SIlver Age of Russian Poetry  Moscow  Elections 2012  Transaero  Russian writers  Russian business  Russian airports 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites