Add to favorite
 
123
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS


New Yakut Invention
February 21, 2014 16:26


(Source: http://agroday.ru/news/2934)

A Yakut scientist invented a method of preserving frostbitten limbs without amputation.

A Yakut scientist found a way to preserve the limbs suffering from severe frostbites, which may subsequently help to revive people who are frostbitten and still alive.

“A severe frostbite of the degrees 3-4 of life-time freezing of body parts causes the human brain to form the dominant centre initiating a persistent limbs spasm which reduces the loss of blood, heat, and vital organs functioning. This leads to the destruction of tissues and amputation” - the director of the Yakut Scientific Center for Complex Medical Problems of SB RAMS, Doctor of Medicine Mikhail Tomskiy said.  

Tomskiy added that the treatment of frostbites without amputation was invented by the professor of North-Eastern Federal University in Yakutsk, Doctor of Medicine Revo Alekseev. "Yakut Scientific Center of Complex Medical Problems” Siberian Branch of the Academy of Medical Sciences was established to provide an independent assessment, counseling and evaluation of the ethical, legal and social issues related to biomedical or other types of research with human participation. The invention is applied only in Yakutia for the time being.

"Frostbite occurs when tissues freeze. This condition happens when you are exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of skin. Hypothermia The nose, cheeks, ears, fingers, and toes are most commonly affected. Everyone is susceptible, even people who have been living in cold climates for most of their lives," - experts explain.

“According to the Alekseev’s method, for saving body tissues a patient should be anesthetized for 1-2 days, during this time the dominant centre disappears from the brain and restoration of blood supply begins, the body warms up from the inside” - Tomskiy explained. He noted that due to the Alekseev’s method the doctors of the Burns Department of the Emergency Medical Center in Yakutsk managed to avoid amputation of patient’s limbs in 70% of cases and to minimize it in the remaining 30% of cases.

 

 




Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags: Russian medicine Yakutia    

Next Previous

You might also find interesting:

Anti-Cancer Properties of Siberian Fir Extract Discovered by Russian Scientists Transfer and Cargo Orbit Workhorse Developed Optimization for Superconductors Suggested Live at Full Charge Diamonds Dismissed Nobel-Prize Winning Graphene Enters









Comment on our site


RSS   twitter      submit



TAGS:
Balakovo  Russian musicians  Russian political parties  David Cameron  Russian scientists  Fairs in Moscow  Schengen visa  St. Petersburg fountains  Russian football  train tickets Russia FIFA  Primorye  he Pushkin Museum  Konstantin Altunin  Russian dissidents  free admission to museums  Adler  Russian space industry  Fabio Capello  Eurovision Song Contest 2012   St. Petersburg  Kizhi  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Exhibitions in Moscow  Russian regions  train tickets  Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Area  Anatoly Torkunov  LGBT  Russian Cinema  Russian economy  Arkhangelsk region  Russian tourism  Candy Wrappers  Russian business  Russian artists  Moscow  Parliament in Action  Russian Astronauts  poll  Painting  Olympic Games 2012 London  Russian army  mobile operators  Russian art  Russian science  MotorArmy Festival  Pskov  Orlov Paleontology Museum  Moscow cinema  economic crisis 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites