Add to favorite
 
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS

European Carbon Tax May Cost Russians Extra Rubles
10.01.2012 16:29
European Carbon Tax May Cost Russians Extra Rubles

Starting from 2012 Russian airlines are to pay 25 -30 million Euros for flights to and from European airports due to European carbon tax. This may increase ticket prices, says The Kommersant.

      
According to the newspaper about 80% of these charges will be paid by Aeroflot, which is responsible for most flights from Russia to Europe.

      
Russia has been against unilateral introduction of the carbon tax by the European Union.  Apart from Russia, the US and China have expressed their protest against the tax. Though the US air lines have already raised the ticket cost to pay the tax. And only China has officially claimed about its refusal to pay the carbon tax.

      
International carriers will be given emission permits making up 85 percent of the industry cap in 2012 and will have to buy the remaining 15 percent at auction.

      
      
      
 

Author: Irina Fomina

Tags: Aeroflot     

Next Previous


You might also find interesting:

The Central Bank Announced a New Mechanism to Combat Volatility in the Foreign Exchange Market
19.03.2020
Moscow Entrepreneurs Got More than 26 Billion Rubles of Loans with Guarantee Support in 2019
14.01.2020
The Russian E-sports Market can Grow up to $ 100 Million in Four Years
31.10.2019
YouDo Offers B2B Services
11.02.2020
Wildberries may Bypass AliExpress in Russia in Terms of Turnover
27.02.2020







Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

search on the map
TAGS:
Kuzbass   Russian people  Modern Art Center MARS  Veliky Novgorod  Russian tourism  Moscow Raceway  Leo Tolstoy  Arc Electronic  Influenza A  Belokurikha  Moscow Region  Russian startups  Exhibitions in Moscow  Russian history  Symbols of Russia  Kogalym  Free Wi-Fi  Russian regions  Kaliningrad  University Games  travel to Russia  Russian tennis  BULTHAUP Design Gallery  Russian Poetry  tourism  Aeroflot  Arctic  Russian oligarchs  National Dress  World Cup 2018  accommodation in Russia  Sochi Olympics  Shelekhov  Free Wi-Fi zone   Russian events  Exoplanets  Russian wins  Moscow  Feodor Chaliapin  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Russian Cinema  TNK-BP  Murmansk Museums  Nizhniy Tagil  Architecture Demolition  Arts and Crafts  Moscow monuments  Festivals in Moscow  St. Petersburg  Russian business 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites