Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel indicated Russia might be facing new sanctions at a conference of the Christian Democratic Union.
According to Deutsche Welle, the German leader warned the EU will adopt new restrictions if Moscow continues to violate Ukraine’s territorial integrity.
Russia has sparked a wave of criticism after it incorporated Crimea into its territory following a referendum on the peninsula with a large ethnic Russian population.
The US and the EU imposed a raft of sanctions on Russian officials and individuals with close ties to the Kremlin.
The US also put space and military cooperation on hold, followed by some of its NATO allies, including the UK.
The US sanctions have encountered a vigorous response from the Russian Foreign Ministry which came up with a black list of its own. Here’re the names of US officials that are banned from visiting Russia.
1. Caroline Atkinson, US Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economic Affairs.
2. Daniel Pfeiffer, Assistant to the President of the United States.
3. Benjamin Rhodes, Assistant to the President of the United States.
4. Harry Reed, U.S. Senate Majority Leader.
5. John Boehner, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
6. Robert Menendez, Chairman of the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.
7. Mary Landrieu, senator.
8. John McCain, senator.
9. Daniel Coats, senator.
Author: Mikhail Vesely