One of Russia’s largest synagogues with the area of 600 sq m has been opened in Voronezh.
The grand building of 1904 started its work back in 1937.
It took almost four years to complete reconstruction before reopening the synagogue nowadays. The works were carried out with assistance of the Russian Jewish Congress, which helped to combine efforts of all the project participants, including regional authorities, large Russian patrons of art and the board of trustees of the Voronezh Jewish Community.
The opening of the Voronezh Synagogue was timed to its 110th anniversary.
Author: Vera Ivanova