Add to favorite
 
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS

Klin Was Visited By More Than 350 Thousand Tourists In 2017
5.08.2017 00:34
Klin Was Visited By More Than 350 Thousand Tourists In 2017
(Source: http://inklincity.ru/novosti)

The current year may be a record for the city of Klin, Moscow region in terms of the number of tourists who visited it, according to the website of the Klin district administration. "During the seven months of 2017, Klin was visited by more than 350 thousand tourists, if this trend continues, then 2017 may be a record for this indicator," the report said.

      As the head of the Klin district Alena Sokolskaya noted, a big role in the popularization of Klin's sights is played by celebrations dedicated to the 700th anniversary of the city. In addition, more and more viewers are attracted by the international Tchaikovsky music festival. 

      Klin is first mentioned in the Nikon chronicle in 1317, when is was the part of fortress cities, located at Volga tributary streams. Klin fortress was located on a high peninsula, surrounded by the river Sestra. In 1492 the settlement joined the Moscow princedom (Moscovia). Later it was known as the patrimonial estate of Romanov family. Peter the Great employed almost all citizens of Klin as coachmen, since the town waslocated between the old and the new capitals of Russia. Most ancient architectural monument of Klin was the four-column single-dome Uspenskaya church with rowlock portals and unique gable curtain walls, which was erected in the 16 th century. Westwards from the Uspenskaya church one can admire the Voskresenskaya church, built in Moscow Baroque style in 1712, and the free standing hip-roofed bell tower, built in 1769 and dominating the town ever since. In 1781 Klin became the district town on the Moscow region. General development plan, approved in 1784, gave Klin orthographic structure. The town acquired new administrative and other buildings in classic style, Empire style and “Russian” style. In 1851 Klin was pierced by Nikolaevskaya railroad, connecting St. Petersburg and Moscow. The railroad provided perfect conditions for industrial development of the region. Coachmen started experiencing financial difficulties. In 1897 the ironworks was built near the railway station. Later a ribbon plant appeared. By the end of the 19 th century the town and its suburbs acquired 8 large plants and works, including cotton-spinning plant, ironworks, tanyard, crystal and glass works and a brick plant. Then former Demianovo estate also entered Klin. The estate included already mentioned Uspenskaya church, two-storey Early Classicism house and two parks. The estate was owned by Russian philosopher Taneev, who was friends with famous Russian composers, scientists and writers. In 1926 modern technologies invaded the town, and new plants were built for producing laboratory equipment and artificial fibre. During the Great Patriotic War (known as World War II) the town of Klin was occupied by fascist troops in 1941 and almost destroyed. 

      Klin is surrounded by very picturesque nature – nice hills, framed by green forests. Klin is tightly linked with names of many famous Russian persons of science and culture: artists V. Perov and A. Korin, sculptress Vera Mukhina, writer Mikhail Prishvin and many others. Former Boblovo estate, located near Klin, hosted great Russian scientist – world-famous chemist Dmitry Mendeleev, who lived there from 1865 until 1906. In August 1887 the chemist performed a balloon ride in order to observe a sun eclipse. Another attraction for tourist is located 16 km northwest from Klin in the Beresino village. It is a wooden Nikolskaya church of cage type, which was built in 1775. Modern Klin is one of industrial centres of the Moscow Region. The city shelters about 100 thousand of citizens.


      
 

Sources: http://tourism.interfax.ru 

Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags:      

Next Previous


You might also find interesting:

The Moscow Metro And Moscow Central Circle Will Work Around the Clock On City Day
28.08.2017
Ecopark Will Appear in Primorsky District of Saint Petersburg
19.10.2016
Father Frost May Leave Velikiy Ustyug
28.02.2017
Tula the Workshop of Russia
16.07.2017
A Park With Waterfowls Will Appear In Moscow
25.02.2017



comments powered by Disqus




Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Russian Parliament in Action

search on the map
TAGS:
Tver region  Cars  Evgeny Garanichev  Isheyevka  Russian Literature  Altai  Rostov Region  James Blunt  Vandalism  Moskomturizm  Russian actors  Parliament in Action  Alyosha Dmitrievich  Russian human rights activists  investment  Dolls  Ryazan  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Graffiti  Russian transport  Svalya  Greece  taxi price  Painting  Sochi Games   Russian Cinema  Russian history  the Bolshoi Theatre  Road Construction  Exhibitions in Moscow  Stem Cells  Exhibitions in Yekaterinburg  White Crow Exhibition  Moscow  Russian companies  adoption ban  Russian Internet blacklist  Archeology  Russian tourism  Journey of the Century  The House-Museum of Pushkin's Uncle  Tundra   Muzeon  Museum Festival  Theatre Festivals  Russian politics  Russian business  historical reconstruction  Russian rouble  Music Festivals 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites