Add to favorite
 
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS

TopTripTip Made 50 Posts Of Tambov Sites
15.08.2017 15:09
TopTripTip Made 50 Posts Of Tambov Sites
(Source: http://nikatver.ru/nashi-predlozheniya/turyi-po-rossii)

About 50 sites of Tambov region were presented in an interactive mobile application "TopTripTip - Travel to Russia", according to the press service of the regional administration.

      
"The project for the iPhone and Android smartphones is implemented with the support of the Federal Agency for Tourism and with the support of the Russian Union of Travel Industry. The mobile app allows  quickly planning your trip in the region. It is available in offline mode. Attractions and routes are presented with a short description in English and Russian languages,"- said in a statement. The top ten most popular sites  include: manor of Aseev, Bogolyubskii cathedral, Estate "Ivanovka", Barska Mountain, Roman Catholic Church, a unique natural monument "Tree of Love", St. Basil's Cathedral, Tambov Quay, Catherine arboretum in Nikiforovsky area and the house-museum of I. Michurin.

      

      
“Tambov” is a Mordovian word meaning “deep pool”. Since Tambov territory was inhabited by the Mordovians, many places still keep their Mordovian names. The city of Tambov was founded in 1636 as a fortress to protect southern territories of the Muscovy from nomad attacks. Later, when borders moved southwards, the town lost its defensive status. For a long time the town looked like a large and unkempt village. In 1779 Tambov became the chief city of Tambov vicegerency, and seven years later famous Russian poet Gavril Derzhavin arrived to rule the town. Tambov’s coat-of-arms appeared in 1781 – it showed the hive and three golden bees on sky-blue, symbols of hardworking and beekeeping. Development of Tambov started only in 19th century – at that time 12 thousand citizens dwelled in the town. Alexander Kornilov became Tambov’s governor in 1838 and ruled the city for five years, bringing many good changes to the region. In 1843 Kornilov opened educational institution for daughters of bankrupt noblemen. The governor helped first Tambov newspaper “Tambov Regional News” to appear in 1943. Tambov hosted school for clerks, regional hospital and cultural centre. The middle of the 19th century brought launch of stone building construction – shopping arcade (Gostiny Dvor), public offices, grammar school for boys and Alexandrovsky institute. Later Naryshkin reading room, State Duma building and Nobility Assembly decorated the city. In 19th century Tambov was the centre for cereal wholesale and other industries developed very slowly. In 1897 the city was populated with 48 thousand people, and thirteen years later population reached 68400 citizens. In 1913 the city boasted water pipeline, electrical illumination, several secondary educational institutions, two colleges and over 30 other educational institutions. Before October revolution struck, Tambov’s largest enterprises were railway works with 800 workers and candle plant with 85 employers. Citizens also owned about 30 small plants.

      After Communists came to rule Russia almost all churches in Tambov were ruined and replaced with plants, clubs and educational institutions. Residential construction also developed rapidly, since the city turned to industrial centre, and new flats and houses were required. Standard 5- and 9-storeyed houses offered a solution to the housing problem. The World War II (Great Patriotic war) brought grief to the city and killed many Tambov dwellers. The city hosted zillions of refugees and served as an enormous hospital for wounded soldiers and civilians. Since Tambov was located very close to the front, large military elements were formed in the city for further transportation to war theatre. Today the city of Tambov is a large industrial centre, but also has many cultural and educational institutions for its population to follow the beat of civilization. Green areas on the banks of the river Tsna are perfect for having a rest and walking around.

      

Sources: http://tourism.interfax.ru 

Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags:      

Next Previous


You might also find interesting:

"Yamal" Will Fly From "Zhukovsky" To Vilnius
30.04.2017
Flights to Egypt May be Resumed
25.02.2017
Belokurikha Welcomes Chinese Tourists
28.02.2017
Sarai Ring Guidebook
31.07.2017
Volunteers Will Help Kazan Tourists
29.06.2017



comments powered by Disqus




Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Russian Parliament in Action

search on the map
TAGS:
Russian history  Russian education  Russian wooden architecture  Russian Cinema  ice hockey  Historians  Russian business  Russian Literature  Russian cuisine  Russian mobile networks  Theatrical Costumes  Fabio Capello  Rock Music  Aeroflot  Russian opposition activists  Anatoly Efros  Moscow Architecture  Monuments to People  Halloween in Russia  Oleg Popov   Dzhokhar Tsarnaev  Lyubov Sokolova  medicine  religion  music  Norilsk Nickel  Chelyabinsk regional museum   concerts in Russia  gallant style  Nikolai Burlyaev  fluorescent proteins  Jewelry  oil  Painting  Russian tourism  natural history  New Year  Semyon Varlamov  The Queen  Moscow Zoo  Russian culture  Mikhail Khodorkovsky  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Megafon  Exhibitions in Moscow  plane crash  Archeology  Moscow  Kazan shopping centres  Russian Fairy Tales 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites