Add to favorite
 
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS

Agro-tourism In Zaraisk
11.01.2018 16:45
Agro-tourism In Zaraisk
(Source: http://socnews.by/culture)

Agrotourism is planned to be developed in Zaraisk. In 2018 a hotel with an apiary will appear here, according to the website of the administration of the city district.

      
"There will be a hotel in the village  Strupno. On the territory of private households, visitors will be able to plunge into the "village" life, work in the apiary and try apitherapy - treatment with the help of beekeeping products. This will be one of the first steps in the development of agro-tourism," said in the message.

      
According to the administration, three new guest houses are expected to open in the old part of the city, two restaurants - in the Revolution Square near the Kremlin, as well as a café-confectionery and a tavern, where visitors are invited to try traditional dishes cooked according to old recipes of Zaraysk.

      
Zaraisk was first mentioned in the Russian chronicles in 1146 as the town of Osetr. Later the town was burnt by nomads and rebuilt only in 1225 under the name of Krasniy. In 1225 the icon with Saint Nicholas was moved from Korsun to future Zaraisk. The icon was placed into a wooden church, built specially for the religious treasure. In 1237 Krasniy was destroyed by Tatar hordes of Baty-khan and disappeared from the chronicles until 14th century. Restored town got another name – Nogorodok-on-Osetr, since it stood on the river Osetr. In 1521 the town joined the Ryazan princedom. Prince Vasiliy ordered to build a stone Kremlin in the town, and it was finished in 1531 under the guidance of famous Italian architect. The town became an important defense base of southern suburbs of Moscow. In 1533 the Kremlin was first time attacked by the Crimean Tatars, which later repeated attacks in 1542, 1570, 1573 and1591. In 1533 Prince Vasiliy of Moscow visited Zaraisk, and later his son, Ivan the Terrible, also came to the town. Ivan the Fourth ordered to build the church of St. John the Baptist, which was finished in 1550. The town actively participated in political life during the Time of Troubles (1584-1613).

      The name Zaraisk became final in 17th century. In 1669 first Russian military ship was set afloat near Zaraisk. In 1673 Crimean Tatars attacked the town for the last time, and since that time the town lost it defense importance, becoming trade and craft centre instead. In 1681 the town survived a great fire, and many new building were constructed. 

      
In 1778 Catherine the Great granted the town status of the district city. The following year brought Zaraisk the coat-of-arms. The town was one of bread trade centre, but in 1847 new Ryazan tract bypassed Zaraisk, and the town lost its trade significance. In 1860 central part of the town suffered from a severe fire. The railroad, connecting Moscow and Ryazan, also bypassed the town and caused decline of the town’s economy. However, in 1870 27-km-long feeder linked Zaraisk with the main railroad. In 1929 the town became a district centre within the Moscow region, and later administrative status of Zaraisk changed one more time. During the Great Patriotic War (World War II) Soviet soldiers prevented fascist troops from going further to Russia – it happened near Zaraisk in December 1941. The town was the active participant of the military scene.

      
 

      
 

      

      
 

Sources: http://tourism.interfax.ru 

Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags:      

Next Previous


You might also find interesting:

An Ethnographic Cluster Will Be Created In Pskov Region
31.05.2017
Ural Airlines Will Fly From Rostov-on-Don to Tel Aviv
11.01.2018
About 1.7 Million Tickets for the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia have been Distributed
11.04.2018
The Restrictions On the Supply of Turkish Tomatoes to Russia will be Lifted
28.10.2017
Russia - Greece Cross-year Of Tourism
22.09.2017







Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Flowers Delivery

search on the map
TAGS:
Russian companies  Sharp  AvtoVAZ   Russian airports  Euroset   Seal  Vadim Gippenreiter  Russian history  Magadan Region  Interactive Museums  Concerts in Moscow  Mark Krivosheyev  Painting  Russian business  Exhibitions in St. Petersburg  Natalya Goncharova  Sochi International Film Awards  Modern Art  Marshmallow Museum  Murmansk  Russian Actresses  Hermitage  Kievsky Railway Station  Russian tourism  Exhibitions in Moscow  Archeology  Burial Grounds  Viktor Bout  Russian pop-music  Flowers  Russian Cinema  France  Dima Yakovlev Law  Russia-China  Akhmatova Days  Rostov Region  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Central Bank  the Crimea  Russian mobile networks  Baikal Lake  Sergei Magnitsky  tourist cards  Festivals  Rossiya Bank  Fyodor Dostoevsky  Tragedy  Russian Literature  Moscow  migration in Russia 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites