The Kolomenskoe museum estate in Moscow is holding an exhibition on the history of Russia’s first Museum of Wooden Architecture.
The exposition is housed in the premises of the St. George the Victorious Church.
The idea of founding such a museum was discussed back in 1920, when the founder and the first director of the Kolomenskoye museum, P. Baranovsky suggested creating an open-air museum of Russian Architecture. The exhibition project tells about the titanic work of the museum's staff, as well as the process of exploration, transportation and preservation of the priceless monuments of Russian wooden architecture.
Among the exhibits there are ancient carpentry tools, archive photographs of old wooden buildings, drawings, schemes, plans, graphic works, and what not.
Where: Kolomenskoye Museum Estate at the address 39/82, Andropov Prospect, next to Kolomenskaya and Kashirskaya metro stations, Moscow.
Author: Vera Ivanova