The first economic entity has been opened on the territory of the “Belokurikha-2” cluster under construction near the resort town of Belokurikha (Altai Territory): it is a restaurant-museum dedicated to the writer Nikolai Gogol and old cuisine. The restaurant opened in the architectural and historical complex called “Andreevskaya Sloboda”. Earlier the building belonged to the merchant Andreev. The building was dismantled, its components were restored and transported to the tourist complex.
Book Tours to Russia
There is also a small museum on the second floor of the restaurant; the museum recreates Gogol's office. The newly opened restaurant accommodates about 70 people in the summer, and during the rest of the year it is designed for 38 seats. At the beginning of XIX century, the villages of the Bystrovostoksky district actively traded with Novo-Nikolaevsk (Novosibirsk). One of the wealthy merchants was Ilya Andreev. In 1822 he built a two-storey house. The eldest son of the merchant Ivan returned home after a two-year journey through Europe and opened a tavern with Russian and German cuisine on the first floor of the house.
Author: Anna Dorozhkina