“Azerbaijan” pavilion at the All-Russian Exhibition of Economic Achievements has opened after reconstruction.
The Pavilion No. 14 was built in 1939 by the project of architects Sadykh Dadashev and Mikael Useinov. Then it was called “Azerbaijan SSR”. The main facade was decorated with the works of Fuad Abdurakhmanov.
The “Chaban” (“Shepherd”) sculpture brought the Stalin Prize to the monumentalist who created it. Documentary research and consultations at the National Museum of Art in Baku made it possible to find preserved original plaster casts and later copies of sculptures cast in bronze. In 2016, the pavilion was transferred to Azerbaijan.
Author: Anna Dorozhkina