Add to favorite
 
123
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS
russian visa


Bashkiria: Tanalyk Town
December 31, 2016 00:49


(Source: https://www.drive2.ru/l/1124147)

This town was initially called Tanalyk in the name of the eponymous river and was literally razed to the ground several years after it had appeared. All this happened because of the famous Bashkir rebellion in 1755, with an active participant that lived in these places - the yurt foreman Baymak Bikbulatov. The rebellion was suppressed by the authorities, and the houses that had been built got burned.

However, the city could not but survived: they found new minerals there all the time. It all started with copper ore, even before the rebellion, and in the middle of XIX century placer gold was found on the Tanalyk River.

Today the backbone enterprise is Baymak casting and mechanical plant founded in 1913. The personnel for it is prepared by the town itself: it has a branch of the Ufa Fuel and Energy College.

Interestingly, there is no monument to the rebellion of 1755 in the town, despite the fact that it bears the name of one of its leaders. But there are monuments to the Red Army warriors on Lenina Street. The town has several hotels - including “Bashkiria” (on the western outskirts of the town on the highway ‘Magnitogorsk – Ira’) and “Sakmar” (in the town centre on S. Yulaeva Avenue). Children’s camps and health resorts – Talkas”, “Orlenok”, “Berezka” – are located in an extraurban area. All of them are located on the shores of Lake Talkas - one of the main natural attractions of Bashkiria.

Tanalykovo-Baymak Land

Mineral resources were found on this land before the appearance of any settlements. Tanalykovo-Baymak was founded in 1748 as the ore base of Kananikolsky and Preobrazhensky copper-smelting plants.

Then Tanalyksky copper mine began to be mentioned. In just 7 years the city was seized by the largest Bashkir rebellion in all history, which was brutally suppressed, so that there was literally nothing left of the settlement. All works, including ore mining, stopped. There were no village or settlement in this place for about 100 years - before the discovery of gold.

The village of Tanalykovo of 17 yards was founded in 1850, its inhabitants were mainly miners. After 10 years, the village name was changed to Baymak, and Russian people actively began to come to live here, which was caused by the discovery of gold mines. The owners of mines also were mainly Russians - Goryaevs, Andreevs, Kabanovs and the British “South Urals Mining Company”. After the revolution in 1922 Tanalykovo-Baymak became the centre of Burzyan-Tanalykskaya Volost (region). Baymak became a town only in the late twentieth century - in 1992.



 


Sources: http://strana.ru 


Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags: Tanalyk Bashkiria    

Next Previous

You might also find interesting:

Business Tourism in Russia Russian North: Kiy Island Russian Souvenirs: the Best Beauty Products Zaryadye Park A Journey Along the Starotobolsky Highway









Comment on our site


RSS   twitter      submit



TAGS:
Free Events  35 mm  Architecture Monuments  Central Bank  Zarya  Japanese Film Festival  Russian tourism  Vnukovo airport transfer  Ukraine  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Adler  Gerard Depardieu  Virtual Tours   education  Exhibitions in Moscow  Russian Literature  Capital Partners  Moscow  Sylvester Stallone  Russian science  FIFA World Cup   Festivals  Russian economy  Stalin's bunker  Russian business  Kirov  Nature Reserves  Arctic  Kamchatka  Frauds  Nikolay Padalitsin  Russian politicians  Chelyabinsk meteor  Mordovia  Konstantin Bogayevsky  Bashkiria  Events in Moscow  Russian scientists  Murmansk Region  Russian opposition  Alexandrovsky Garden  coronavirus  Sergei Ursulyak  Severodvinsk  Russian sailors  Federal Service for Consumer Protection and Welfare  St. Petersburg  Tsaritsyno  Russian Cinema  Russian stock market 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites