Add to favorite
 
123
Subscribe to our Newsletters Subscribe to our Newsletters Get Daily Updates RSS
russian visa


Lazovsky Reserve
November 11, 2017 12:09


(Source: http://www.pokazuha.ru/view)

Lazovsky Reserve is located on the southern spurs of the Sikhote-Alin, occupying the range of the Zapovedny. Its height is 700-900 meters above sea level, and individual peaks are above 1000 meters (Mount Black - 1395 meters, Nogeevskaya Mount - 1189 meters).

The rivers and streams are mountainous, so they are characterized by a rapid stream and a stony channel. In summer, the springs and rivers become shallow and dry up, and after even small rains turn into stormy streams that wash away the banks.

On the territory of the reserve there are several warm mineral springs. The most famous is a spring in the Sukhoy Klyuch.

More than 90% of the territory of the Lazovsky Reserve is occupied by forests, mostly oak, but there are also birch woods, aspen woods and lime woods. Many plants of the Lazovsky Reserve, in particular, the oak, spreading yew, temple juniper, lespedeza, and Panax Ginseng are listed in the Red Book of Russia. Among the rare species are also mountain peony and lactiferous  peony, Edelweiss Palibina, Ussuriysk fritillary and rhododendron.

Lazovsky State Nature Reserve named after L.G. Kaplanov has a rich history. Even in the XIX century, researchers from the south of the Far East stated the value of this territory in scientific terms.

In 1928, the South Ussuri (Suzukhinsky) sanctuary was created here with an area of 70,000 hectares.

In February 1935, the Lazovsky (Suzuhinsky) branch of the Sikhote-Alin Reserve was established; in 1940 it was declared an independent reserve.

In January 1946, new territories were added to the reserve, and as a result its area expanded to 339,000 hectares. That time the reserve occupied the part of Lazovsky, Olginsky and Chuguevsky districts of Primorye. In subsequent years, the reserve was closed, then opened again, seized and annexed different territories.

In 1970 the Suzukhinsky Reserve was renamed as Lazovsky, and still has the same name. Its area is currently 121 thousand hectares, another 15 thousand hectares are a security zone. This is the second largest reserve in the Primorsky Territory.


Sources: http://strana.ru 


Author: Anna Dorozhkina

Tags: Russian natural reserve     

Next Previous

You might also find interesting:

Bashkir Stonehenge Kabardino-Balkaria: Travel Tours Altai: Belokurikha Health Resorts Khvalynsk Souvenirs Kamchatka Natural Parks: Blue Lakes









Comment on our site


RSS   twitter      submit



TAGS:
Kazan Fifa Russia   Russian transportation  St. Petersburg Parks   Weapon Museum  Moscow  Kerch bridge  Russian space station  Pavel Sokolov-Skalya  Russia  Ballets in Moscow  Leningrad Region  Russian business  Map of Russian Science  Soul of Russia  Russian theatre  Russian Cinema  Skolkovo  Tiles  biking in Russia  Rotenberg  Folk Arts  Nizhny Tagil  Christ the Saviour Cathedral  Tatarstan  he Pushkin Museum  Burial Grounds  Ski resorts  Gourmet Tours  Alexander Ostrovsky  Chelyabinsk Region  Mikhail Prokhorov  Russian Metro  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Golden Ring  Enem  International Music Humour Festival  Primorye  Russian Stage Directors  Russian science  Pharmaceutical Garden of Moscow  Giulio Di Sabato  E.coli  Moscow restaurants  Russian economy  Archeology  St. Petersburg  Exhibitions in Moscow  Russian tourism  Russian scientists  Red Square 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites