Add to favorite
russian visa
   << | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  11  | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >>   

The town on the banks of the Ivankovo water reservoir is famous for the richest museum of pottery.

The settlement on the place of the modern Vyshny Volochyok was founded in 1437.

The settlement on the place of the modern Vyshny Volochyok was founded in 1437. In 1703 Peter I decided to lay a canals system through the town, which was completed in 1708.

Konakovo was first mentioned in historical documents in 1806. Then it was called Kuznetsovo, being named after one of the owners of the settlement.

The surroundings contain Matrenino estates that belonged to the landlords Ogon-Doganovskie and Baturino the estate of Engelgarts on the shores of the large Baturinskoe Lake.

Balakhna is hiding on the banks of Volga 34 km away from Nizhny Novgorod. Compared with the city where life rages, Balakhna seems to be asleep under a layer of a strong provincial web. Dense forests surrounding the town muffle the signals of civilization.

Balashov is an ancient town on the Khopyor River. The centre of the town is on the left bank, the right one has quarters of private houses overgrown with greenery of almost rustic appearance.

Glazov emerged as a village of thirty yards. When Glazovo village became a district town by the decree of Catherine II, not even a thousand of people lived there. Today the town is called the Northern capital of Udmurtia.

A popular Balashov legend tells of the origin of the name of the Khopyor River.

Since XIX century Balakhna has become one of the centres of lace-making, there emerged a special Balakhna manner of lace-making.

The first settlement appeared on the place of the modern Balashov in XVII or the first quarter of XVIII century. The founder of the village was a runaway peasant Balash (or Balashov).

The father of Russian intellectuals society, the famous literary critic Vissarion Belinsky spent his childhood years in the town of Belinsky (which was then called Chembar).

The old provincial town of Ustyuzhna cannot be called a tourist centre. However, those who have visited the place at least once, will definitely return.

Pokrovskoe is the family seat of the famous noble family of Bryanchaninovs.

The town of Totma stands on the river with an eloquent name - Sukhona - it is navigable only three months a year. However, Totma is considered to be almost the birthplace of Russian navigation.

Totma was first mentioned in the document of the Novgorod Prince Svyatoslav II of Kiev in 1137 - Totma had to pay forty marten furs to the Bishop of Novgorod Nifont to the treasury of St. Sophias Cathedral.

Vytegra and its surroundings attract tourists by their ancient northern architecture, pure waters of the Onega Lake and the opportunity to pass the river rapids of the Vologda region on catamarans.

Unique local craft a Borodachevsk toy is reborn in Vyksa.

The city's name comes from the name the Vyksun river. It is assumed that the word is of the Ugro-Finnic origin and means "stream and flow".

Way to Vyksa from the capital takes five hours by train or by car - through Murom and Oka, in the very heart of Russia. Vyksun town on the river, few kilometers from the Oka, grew up in the XVIII century around the cast iron factory of Batashev Brothers.

   << | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  11  | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >>   

Comment on our site

RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Flowers Delivery

search on the map
Russian Metro  Valery Gergiev  Blog Tour   St. Petersburg  Archeology  Joseph Stalin  Antarctica  Russian Cinema  Arctics   Heroism   Flying Saucer  real output index  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Social Networks  Exhibitions in Moscow  Russia-US  Boris Yudin  Far East  Muzeon Park of Arts  Ufa  e-learning  Russian history  Kind Moscow Festival  Russian society  Silver Gate  ROSCOSMOS  Alexander Melamid  New Films  Russian Bears  Asteroid Apophis  Krasnodar Territory  Guinness Book of Records  Christmas  Nanomaterials  Moscow  Olga Rozanova  Igor Grabar  Black Holes  Russian Literature  State Duma  Russian tourism  Krasnodar  Russian Museums   Visa   Russian economy  Tomsk  Russian Rock  Vera Zvonareva  patriotic routes  Russian business 

Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites