Add to favorite
 
russian visa
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  5  | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >>   


Vyshny Volochyok is famous for its canals which perfectly mix with the picturesque nature of the Valdai Hills.


The settlement once located on the site of the present Kalyazin was mentioned in chronicles in XII century.


The town on the banks of the Ivankovo water reservoir is famous for the richest museum of pottery.


The settlement on the place of the modern Vyshny Volochyok was founded in 1437.


The settlement on the place of the modern Vyshny Volochyok was founded in 1437. In 1703 Peter I decided to lay a canals system through the town, which was completed in 1708.


Konakovo was first mentioned in historical documents in 1806. Then it was called Kuznetsovo, being named after one of the owners of the settlement.


The surroundings contain Matrenino estates that belonged to the landlords Ogon-Doganovskie and Baturino the estate of Engelgarts on the shores of the large Baturinskoe Lake.


Balakhna is hiding on the banks of Volga 34 km away from Nizhny Novgorod. Compared with the city where life rages, Balakhna seems to be asleep under a layer of a strong provincial web. Dense forests surrounding the town muffle the signals of civilization.


Balashov is an ancient town on the Khopyor River. The centre of the town is on the left bank, the right one has quarters of private houses overgrown with greenery of almost rustic appearance.


Glazov emerged as a village of thirty yards. When Glazovo village became a district town by the decree of Catherine II, not even a thousand of people lived there. Today the town is called the Northern capital of Udmurtia.


A popular Balashov legend tells of the origin of the name of the Khopyor River.


Since XIX century Balakhna has become one of the centres of lace-making, there emerged a special Balakhna manner of lace-making.


The first settlement appeared on the place of the modern Balashov in XVII or the first quarter of XVIII century. The founder of the village was a runaway peasant Balash (or Balashov).


The father of Russian intellectuals society, the famous literary critic Vissarion Belinsky spent his childhood years in the town of Belinsky (which was then called Chembar).


The old provincial town of Ustyuzhna cannot be called a tourist centre. However, those who have visited the place at least once, will definitely return.


Pokrovskoe is the family seat of the famous noble family of Bryanchaninovs.


The town of Totma stands on the river with an eloquent name - Sukhona - it is navigable only three months a year. However, Totma is considered to be almost the birthplace of Russian navigation.


Totma was first mentioned in the document of the Novgorod Prince Svyatoslav II of Kiev in 1137 - Totma had to pay forty marten furs to the Bishop of Novgorod Nifont to the treasury of St. Sophias Cathedral.


Vytegra and its surroundings attract tourists by their ancient northern architecture, pure waters of the Onega Lake and the opportunity to pass the river rapids of the Vologda region on catamarans.


    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  5  | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >>   




Comment on our site


RSS   twitter   facebook   submit

Bookmark and Share

Russian Parliament in Action

search on the map
TAGS:
Ancient Russia  Andrey Moguchy  Fires  Tsaritsyno State museum  Chaykovsky  Russian sportsmen  Golden Fang  Russian courts  the Perm Region  technology  Show Business  Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia  Voronezh   Folk Music Festival "Red Sun"  Gdov  Russian shops  Zelenodolsk  Republic of Mordovia  protest actions  St. Petersburg Museums  Russian Railways  environment  Aeroexpress tickets  Russian Cinema  Astrakhan  Novgorod Region  medicine  Exhibitions in Moscow  City Hunter  New Medicines  Russian tourism  physics  Innovations  Dima Yakovlev Law  Painting  Moscow  Crocodile Magazine  Museum Estates  Archeology  Mascots  Tram  Russian business  The Netherlands  History of Russia  Historical Exhibitions  All-Russia Science Festival  Aushtau  waste management  Russian Literature  Russian history 


Travel Blogs
Top Traveling Sites